Monday, March 23, 2009

Feel the need



I haven't posted in a while, so I thought, why not? We had a great week and weekend. We went to the St. Patty's parade. I'm not a big fan of this holiday, how it became a drinking holiday, I don't know. They don't even celebrate it in Ireland, so it makes no difference to me. I guess we should just learn about Ireland and focus that is where my family comes from. It was still fun to find green clothes, well, orange, since we are protestant, so Bug wore green, Pickle wore orange and we got lots of beads from the parade. I guess legally they really can't throw candy, they did throw some, so we got a little of that too. Bug shared his candy with all that evening at dinner. We also got to go to a farm this last week, which was really nice. Bug got to hold a baby chick, "so soft".  We enjoyed the company, the chickens and the beautiful weather. Went to the library to pick up a few things. 
Had a Saturday of fun with our Awana kids. They had some "Olympic games" that both of our teams got 3rd, out of 4. It was our first year and it was a stressful experience for me leading up to the event, our church wasn't organized (not my fault this time!). I wasn't in charge of that, so I shouldn't have stressed. Now I know for next time.
Sunday was nice, weather was great, Pickle is teething and a little fussy, so I did break out the Tylenol, poor guy. We went to good friends house for the afternoon and had lunch and great conversation. The men played Star Wars with kids in the backyard, it was fun to watch and hear! All in all really nice week. Today is rainy and Love took my car to work, his car didn't want to start, but that is o.k. we need a day in and I thought we might try some crafts at home! I will be looking those up today and menu planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment