Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Day 1

I had to wave good-bye to my honey as he went to his plane for Africa. I was sad. Today I cried, can't tell you the last time I did that, maybe a year ago? I spent most of today in tears, Love is off to help build a church in Africa along with 40 other men from around The States. It will be great for him and hard for me. Ok, so maybe leaving your "new" wife and 4 month old isn't going to be easy either. By the time we got to the car in the airport parking lot Bug was already saying that he missed Daddy. It was nice to hear that. We kind of had a rough day because Bug did want to go with and not stay home with mommy. Sometimes life is not that exciting when we stay home. He did get to have bbq riblets for dinner! One of his favorites! 

We mostly kept each other company today and I tried not to be sad. I will be more productive tomorrow. And it's church night tomorrow as well. I love Awana, but it takes up so much of my time. I am in charge of the  3rd-6th graders. Writing lessons every week is time consuming and good for me. I enjoy the kids so much, it's great to see when they get something new!

I am off to bed, all by myself. Oh well, I guess that will change in 18 days. Wow, that is a long time to be a single parent to a 4 yo and almost 4 month old! God help me. Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment