Sunday, January 4, 2009

Relaxing Sunday

Today was nice. Church was sooooo good, I haven't felt that way about church in a while. God was there, His presence evident. I was prayed over (my husbands old house to get rented out soon, me going back to work, homeschooling for my four year old). Many things to mull over this new year!

We went to my aunt and uncle's house after church for brunch. It was nice and the food was great! Then we watched "Darjeeling Limited". A perfect relaxing Sunday movie. I enjoyed spending time with my hubby, as usual. We came home and all took a nap! Woke up to my honey making dinner, salad, as usual for dinner in our house. Bug had eggs and garlic bread. I have such a hard time getting him to eat veggies anymore not from a can. I guess we should have corn on the cob more often, but the greens are what I'm concerned about right now. See, my Love and I are doing more raw foods in our eating (diet isn't the right word) lifestyle. Drinking green smoothies and the like, my four year old on the other hand hasn't been impressed. Maybe we can make his starting with strawberry kefir, banana, and see if I can get some spinach into it. He loves cashews and peanut butter, just got him eating carrots, raw. maybe steamed might be the way to go. I need to make a list for him to try this month, and maybe take him with to pick out a veggie he wants to try!

My list for Bug:
mushrooms
spinach
red peppers
green peppers
kefir
couscous (didn't touch it all summer)
noodles (we keep trying)
tacos (veggie style)
falafel (baked)
green salad
beets
broccoli
almond/hazelnut milk
my homemade yogurt

That will be it for now, I will let you know how it goes. My love and I got to watch one of my favorite movies tonight while we relaxed on the couch,"Clue". Cracks me up...

No comments:

Post a Comment